Re: Why you might want packages not containers for Ceph deployments

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 2:18 AM Marc <Marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not using cephadm, I would also question other things like:
>
> - If it uses docker and docker daemon fails what happens to you containers?

This is an obnoxious feature of docker; podman does not have this problem.

> - I assume the ceph-osd containers need linux capability sysadmin. So if you have to allow this via your OC, all your tasks have potentially access to this permission. (That is why I chose not to allow the OC access to it)

The --privileged flag and other caps are only passed on an as-needed
basis, based on the daemon (each daemon runs in its own container).
(There is only one container image, though.)

sage