Re: Ceph Managers dieing?

Changing pg_num and pgp_num manually can be a useful tool.  Just remember that they need to be factor of 2, don’t increase or decease more than a couple of steps e.g. 64 to 128 or 256….but not to 1024 etc.

I had a situation where a couple of OSDs got quite full. I added more capacity but the rebalance got stuck as there wasn’t enough space on one of the full’ish OSDs to put a pg.

I increased the pg_num and pgp_num (doubled)…this effectively made the pg’s smaller so Ceph could finish the rebalance, it could squeeze a pg in the space left on the OSDs. Once that was done I just turned autoscale back on.

Sent from my iPhone