Podman pull error 'access denied'

Hi!

I have a problem after starting to upgrade to 16.2.4, from 15.2.13. I started the upgrade and it successfully redeployed 2 out of 3 mgr daemon containers. The third failed to upgrade and Cephadm started retrying to upgrade it forever. The only way I could stop this was to disable the cephadm module.

I found out I had an old version of podman installed and proceeded to upgrade it to one of the fitting versions according to the requirements docs. I have 3.0.1 installed now.

This solved some issue with being unable to start containers, due to a failing 'get podman version' command. (The Go template did not fit the output of the older version of podman.)

Ok, so now it got a little further in the process, but enabling the cephadm module would still start to retry the above action indefinitely. It now fails with this log:

At first I thought it had something to do with rate limits on docker.io, but it seems I can pull other stuff without problems. I also setup an account and played around with cephadm registry-login, but did not get much further.

When looking at the pull command in the logs, I see it is using some ID for the container image that needs to be resolved, I suppose. Could it maybe make an error here, resulting in a bad URL that hits a resource that it is not supposed to hit, resulting in access errors?

Any other thoughts on how to fix this error, or somehow make cephadm stop retrying this action and fixing it?

Thanks very much and with regards,
Samy