From: Kai Börnert [mailto:kai.boernert@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 8:20 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Strategy for add new osds

Hi,

as far as I understand it,

you get no real benefit with doing them one by one, as each osd add, can
cause a lot of data to be moved to a different osd, even tho you just
rebalanced it.

The algorithm determining the placement of pg's does not take the
current/historic placement into account, so changing anything at this,
could cause any amount of data to migrate, with each change

Greetings,

Kai