Re: Failover with 2 nodes

Hi,

That's right!

We're currently evaluating a similar setup with two identical HW nodes (on two different sites), with OSD, MON and MDS each, and both nodes have CephFS mounted.

The goal is to build a minimal self-contained shared filesystem that remains online during planned updates and can somehow survive should disaster strike at one of the two sites.

We added a third node (a small VM) running only a monitor to avoid exactly the described problem.

Best,
Christoph