Re: CephFS design

hey Istvan,

The Hardware Recommendations
<https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/start/hardware-recommendations/> page
actually has a ton of info on the questions you are asking, did you go
though that one yet?

Without massive overkill, I don't think there's a "bulletproof" design, as
the actual I/O use cases vary wildly depending on the application.
e.g. you mentioned that "main use case would be k8s users", are there 2000
users that need 500 IOPS each at 100MB/s, OR 5 users that touch the storage
every few minutes and store 10MB of data. These are polar opposites with
orders of magnitude different requirements.

Cheers,
Peter Sarossy
Technical Program Manager
Data Center Data Security - Google LLC.