Zabbix sender issue

Hi,

I managed to build a Ceph cluster with the help of cephadm tool. It works like a charm.

I have a problem that i’m still not able to fix:

I know that zabbix-sender executable is not integrated into the cephadm image of ceph-mgr pulled and started by podman because of this choice.

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-container/issues/1651

I’m a total newbie about containers tecnologies, but i managed to install zabbix sender manually by executing this with podman

podman ps -a -> looking for the container ID

podman exec -ti [id_container] /bin/bash -> to

Then install repo via rpm and dnf install zabbix-sender.

Two considerations.

1) https://github.com/ceph/ceph-container/issues/1651  -> This answer still leaves me confused. It’s pretty no-sense giving a Zabbix module if then you have to install the executable by yourself and the container it’s overwritten everytime you reboot the physical host giving minimal info about avoiding this behavior.

I know this is open source and you have to know well the environment before doing everything, i know devs want less troubles as possible, but this is about user experience. If you have to choose between the final user or you having an annoying problem, IMHO, i prefer to have a happy user. End of consideration.
I think including zabbix-sender executable into the container wouldn’t kill nobody.

2) Since i’m a total noob about containers, podman, docker etc, do you have any info about "fix" this behavior and avoid overwrite the mgr containers everytime i reboot the host? Please forgive me, i’m totally a newbie about containers.

Thank you in advance for the support.

Best,

Roberto
Kirecom.net