Unable to delete disk from iSCSI target

I’m trying to delete a disk from an iSCSI target so that I can remove the image, but running into an issue. If I try to delete it from the CEPH dashboard, I just get an error saying that the DELETE timed out after 45 seconds.

If I try to do it from gwcli, the command never returns:

/iscsi-target...4075058/disks> delete iscsi-pool-001/iscsi-img-0003

After I enter that command, it just hangs indefinitely.

I’ve tried to remove any dependencies on the disk by making sure it’s unmounted and detached from the ESXi hosts that are using the disk.

I’m guessing it’s failing because there is some dependency on the disk that is causing the deletion to fail, but not sure what else to look at. Any thoughts?

-Paul