Re: CRUSH rule for EC 6+2 on 6-node cluster

Hallo Dan, Nathan, thanks for your replies and apologies for my silence.

Sorry I had made a typo... the rule is really 6+4. And to reply to Nathan's message, the rule was built like this in anticipation of getting additional servers, at which point in time I will relax the "2 chunks per OSD" part.

[cephmgr@cephAdmPA1.cephAdmPA1 ~]$ ceph osd pool get default.rgw.buckets.data erasure_code_profile
erasure_code_profile: ec_6and4_big
[cephmgr@cephAdmPA1.cephAdmPA1 ~]$ ceph osd erasure-code-profile get ec_6and4_big
crush-device-class=big
crush-failure-domain=osd
crush-root=default
jerasure-per-chunk-alignment=false
k=6
m=4
plugin=jerasure
technique=reed_sol_van
w=8

Indeed, Dan:

[cephmgr@cephAdmPA1.cephAdmPA1 ~]$ ceph osd dump | grep upmap | grep 116.453
pg_upmap_items 116.453 [76,49,129,108]

Don't think I ever set such an upmap myself. Do you think it would be good to try and remove all upmaps, let the upmap balancer do its magic, and check again?

  Thanks!

			Fulvio