Re: best practice balance mode in HAproxy in front of RGW?

Am Do., 27. Mai 2021 um 07:47 Uhr schrieb Janne Johansson <icepic.dz@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Den ons 26 maj 2021 kl 16:33 skrev Boris Behrens <bb@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > Hi Janne,
> > do you know if there can be data duplication which leads to orphan objects?
> >
> > I am currently huntin strange errors (there is a lot more data in the
> > pool, than accessible via rgw) and want to be sure it doesn't come
> > from the HAproxy.
>
> No, I don't think the HAProxy (or any other load balancing setup) in
> itself would
> cause a lot of orphans. Or in reverse, the multipart stateless way S3
> acts always
> allows for half-uploads and broken connections which would leave orphans even
> if you did not have HAProxy in between, and in both cases you should
> periodically
> run the orphan finding commands and trim usage logs you no longer
> require and so on.
>

> --
> May the most significant bit of your life be positive.

Well, this drops a lot of pressure from my shoulders.
Is there a way to reduce the probability of creating orphan objects?
We use s3 for rbd backups (create snapshot, compress it and then copy
it to s3 via s3cmd) and we created 25m orphan objects in 4 weeks.
If there is any option / best practive I can do, I will happily use it :)