Re: cephfs vs rbd vs rgw

Yeah, agreed. My first question would be how is your user going to consume
the storage?
You'll struggle to run VM's on RadosGW and if they are doing archival
backups then RBD is likely not the best solution.

Each has very different requirements at the hardware level, for example if
you are talking about running dozens of VM's then an SSD\NVME based cluster
exposing RBD is a good solution, if you want to store large amounts of
video files for a security system then a SATA based cluster with some NVME
cache exposing S3 via RadosGW could be a good solution.