How to organize data in S3

Hi all,

We need to store millions of files using S3 protocol in Ceph (version
Nautilus), but have projects where isn't appropriate or possible to
create a lot of S3 accounts. Is it better to have multiple S3 buckets or
one bucket with sub folders?

For example AWS service from Amazon allows you to create up to 100
buckets in each of your AWS cloud accounts. You can request more
buckets, up to a maximum quota of 1,000, by submitting a service limit
increase. There is no limit on the number of objects you can store in a
bucket, but in the Ceph we run into a problem with listing and
resharding with a millions of files in one bucket.

Thank you

Michal