Re: ceph orch status hangs forever

Hi,

can you paste the ceph status?
The orchestrator is a MGR module, have you checked if the containers are up and running (assuming it’s cephadm based)? Do the logs also report the cluster as healthy?

Zitat von Sebastian Luna Valero <sebastian.luna.valero@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

After an unschedule power outage our Ceph (Octopus) cluster reports a
healthy state with: "ceph status". However, when we run "ceph orch status"
the command hangs forever.

Are there other commands that we can run for a more thorough health check
of the cluster?

After looking at:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/rados/operations/health-checks/

I also run "ceph crash ls-new" but it hangs forever as well.

Any ideas?

Our Ceph cluster is currently used as backend storage for our OpenStack
cluster, and we are also having issues with storage volumes attached to
VMs, but we don't know how to narrow down the root cause.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Sebastian