Re: remove host from cluster for re-installing it

Hi,

the docs [1] cover that part, there's not much to it really. The easiest way is probably to export the current configuration (and keep it as backup):

ceph orch ls --export --format yaml > cluster.yml

Make a copy and then edit the yaml file, remove the node from the placement section(s) and apply the changes.

# Before #

service_type: mon
placement:
  hosts:
  - host1
  - host2

# After #

service_type: mon
placement:
  hosts:
  - host1

ceph orch apply -i new-cluster.yml

ceph orch host rm host2

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/host-management/#removing-hosts

Zitat von mabi <mabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

On my Octopus cluster with 6 nodes (3 mon/mgr, 3 OSD), I would like to re-install the operating system of the first mon/mgr node. For that purpose I tried "ceph host rm mynode" but then I got the following two health warnings:

            2 stray daemon(s) not managed by cephadm
            1 stray host(s) with 2 daemon(s) not managed by cephadm

So I did not proceed with the re-installation and added the node back.

What would be the correct command in order to do that? I can live with mon/mgr which are do not have the quorum for the time of the re-installation. I just need my CephFS to still be available. Right now there is 2 mon daemons running and 1 active mgr and 2 standby mgrs.

Thank you,
Mabi