Does dynamic resharding block I/Os by design?

Hi,

I have a Ceph cluster used for RGW and RBD. I found that all I/Os to
RGW seemed to be
blocked while dynamic resharding. Could you tell me whether this
behavior is by design or not?

I attached a graph which means I/O seemed to be blocked. Here x-axis
is time and y-axis
is the number of RADOS objects. In addition, dynamic resharding was
run between 16:22:30 and 16:31:30.

I read the official documents about dynamic resharding. But there is
no description about blocking during dynamic resharding.

https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/radosgw/dynamicresharding/

In addition, I read the following Red Hat's blog post.

https://www.redhat.com/ja/blog/ceph-rgw-dynamic-bucket-sharding-performance-investigation-and-guidance

> You do not need to stop reading or writing objects to the bucket while resharding is happening.

It would mean the dynamic resharding is online operation. However,
it's not clear whether this feature blocks I/Os or not.

Thanks,
Satoru