CephFS Subvolume Snapshot data corruption?

Hi,

We experienced a strange issue with a CephFS snapshot becoming partially
unreadable.

The snapshot was created about 2 months ago and we started a read operation
from it. For a while everything was working fine with all directories
accessible, however after some point clients (FUSE, v15.2.9) started
complaining about I/O error on directories that were working fine
previously.

When listing the top level contents of the snapshot, the directories that
show I/O error (e.g. home) are reporting missing metadata when listing via
'ls':

d????????? ? ?       ?                  ?            ? home

Creating new snapshots is working properly and otherwise the whole cluster
(Ceph v15.2.9) is reporting a healthy status.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this before? We tried to restart the
MDS servers, however this didn't solve the issue.

As additional context, during the read time from the snapshot other
snaptrim operations (for other subvolumes) were ongoing, but not for the
one affected by the data error.

Any insight into what might cause this and how to avoid / recover from such
a situation would be much appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards,

Andras