Re: Ceph cluster not recover after OSD down

Hi,

On 05.05.21 11:07, Andres Rojas Guerrero wrote:
Sorry, I have not understood the problem well, the problem I see is that
once the OSD fails, the cluster recovers but the MDS remains faulty:

*snipsnap*

     pgs:     1.562% pgs not active
              16128 active+clean
              238   incomplete
              18    down

The PGs in down and incomplete state will not allow any I/O, and this leads to the slow ops and the unavailability of the services. 32 OSDs are currently down; if PG replicates are spread over these OSDs only there will be no automatic recover.

You will have to bring the OSDs back online to allow recovery. Are those located on a single node or are multiple hosts involved?

Regards,

Burkhard