Re: 14.2.20: Strange monitor problem eating 100% CPU

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 4:34 PM Janne Johansson <icepic.dz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den tis 4 maj 2021 kl 16:29 skrev Dan van der Ster <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > BTW, if you find that this is indeed what's blocking your mons, you
> > can workaround by setting `ceph progress off` until the fixes are
> > released.
>
> Most ceph commands (and a few of the ceph daemon commands) would just
> block, so I guess one would have to have it in previous to getting
> into this loop.

The negative progress bug will effectively lock up any mon which is
preparing a response to `ceph status`.
So yeah, I mean, turn `ceph progress off` to avoid hitting this in
future. But in a live outage, I guess that one would need to ctrl-c
all `ceph status` clients then restart mons or perhaps just wait.

-- dan