Re: OSD slow ops warning not clearing after OSD down

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for your reply. I did, the cluster is healthy:

[root@gnosis ~]# ceph status
  cluster:
    id:     ---
    health: HEALTH_WARN
            430 slow ops, oldest one blocked for 36 sec, osd.580 has slow ops

  services:
    mon: 3 daemons, quorum ceph-01,ceph-02,ceph-03
    mgr: ceph-01(active), standbys: ceph-02, ceph-03
    mds: con-fs2-2/2/2 up  {0=ceph-08=up:active,1=ceph-12=up:active}, 2 up:standby
    osd: 584 osds: 578 up, 578 in

  data:
    pools:   11 pools, 3215 pgs
    objects: 610.3 M objects, 1.2 PiB
    usage:   1.5 PiB used, 4.6 PiB / 6.0 PiB avail
    pgs:     3191 active+clean
             13   active+clean+scrubbing+deep
             9    active+clean+snaptrim_wait
             2    active+clean+snaptrim

  io:
    client:   358 MiB/s rd, 56 MiB/s wr, 2.35 kop/s rd, 1.32 kop/s wr

[root@gnosis ~]# ceph health detail
HEALTH_WARN 430 slow ops, oldest one blocked for 36 sec, osd.580 has slow ops
SLOW_OPS 430 slow ops, oldest one blocked for 36 sec, osd.580 has slow ops

OSD 580 is down+out and the message does not even increment the seconds. Its probably stuck in some part of the health checking that tries to query 580 and doesn't understand that the OSD being down means there are no ops.

I tried to restart the OSD on this disk, but it seems completely rigged. The iDRAC log on the server says that the disk was removed during operation possibly due to a physical connection fail on the SAS lanes. I somehow need to get rid of this message and am wondering of purging the OSD would help.

Best regards,
Frank Schilder
AIT Risø Campus
Bygning 109, rum S14