Re: Different ceph versions on nodes in cluster

Den fre 23 apr. 2021 kl 08:45 skrev Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx>:
> you can't really avoid having different versions in a cluster, think
> about an update/upgrade. Usually it's not an issue, but I would
> recommend to have that state for as short as possible. Just a recently
> a customer complained about inconsistent objects on a regular basis
> although all disks were healthy. They run a multi-site RGW and after
> updating all nodes to the same version they haven't faced those
> inconsistencies anymore.

There were some bug(s) relating to rgw's mis-caching negative answers
in recent Octopus, so you might have just managed to get past that
when you upgraded the rgws.
Still, I agree that it seldom poses a problem if you do it in the
recommended (and most tested) order.