Re: RGW objects has same marker and bucket id in different buckets.

Hi Morphin,

Yes, this is by design.  When an RGW object has tail chunks and is
copied so as to duplicate an entire tail chunk, RGW causes the
coincident chunk(s) to be shared.  Tail chunks are refcounted to avoid
leaks.

Matt

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 4:21 PM by morphin <morphinwithyou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a rgw s3 user and the user have 2 bucket.
> I tried to copy objects from old.bucket to new.bucket with rclone. (in
> the rgw client server)
> After I checked the object with "radosgw-admin --bucket=new.bucket
> object stat $i" and I saw old.bucket id and marker id also old bucket
> name in the object stats.
>
> Is rgw doing this for deduplication or is it a bug?
> If it's not a bug then If I delete the old bucket what will happen to
> these objects???

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.
315 West Huron Street, Suite 140A