Re: MDS replay takes forever and cephfs is down

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 at 16:57, Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's probably that you have a very large journal (behind on trimming).

Hmm, yes, that might be, is that related to "MDSs behind on trimming"
warning?

According to the documentation that has to do with trimming the cache.

Is there any way I can check on the journal trimming?

> Did you make any configuration changes to the MDS?

No.

> You simply need to wait for the up:replay daemon to finish.

Yes, that's what worries me.

It seems patience was all that was needed, the replay finished at seq
1507, after about two hours of downtime.

I'm worried that restarting an MDS server takes the fs down for so
long, it makes upgrading it a bit hard.

--
Flemming Frandsen - YAPH - http://osaa.dk - http://dren.dk/