Re: Exporting CephFS using Samba preferred method

On Wed, 2021-04-14 at 08:55 +0200, Martin Palma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the currently preferred method, in terms of stability and
> performance, for exporting a CephFS directory with Samba?
>
> - locally mount the CephFS directory and export it via Samba?
> - using the "vfs_ceph" module of Samba?

We use cephfs to serve files to both Linux and Windows machines. In
order to be able to get a consistent layout on both Windows and Linux
clients we automount cephfs on Linux clients and the Samba servers.
Samba serves the automounted files. This way absolute symbolic links
point to the same location on both systems.
Regards
magnus
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.