Re: add and start OSD without rebalancing

Den ons 24 mars 2021 kl 14:55 skrev Boris Behrens <bb@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Oh cool. Thanks :)
>
> How do I find the correct weight after it is added?
> For the current process I just check the other OSDs but this might be a question that someone will raise.
>
> I could imagine that I need to adjust the ceph-gentle-reweight's target weight to the correct one.

I look at "ceph osd df tree" for the size,

[...]
287   hdd   11.00000  1.00000  11 TiB  81 GiB  80 GiB 1.3 MiB  1.7 GiB
 11 TiB 0.73 1.03 117         osd.287
295   ssd    3.64000  1.00000 3.6 TiB 9.9 GiB  87 MiB 2.0 GiB  7.9 GiB
3.6 TiB 0.27 0.38  71         osd.295

the 11.0000 should somewhat match the 11TB detected size of the hdd,
as crush weight 3.64 is matching the 3.6TB size of the ssd.

So when you add with lowered weight, you need to check what size you
have on the added drive(s). From there we have small scripts that take
a lot of newly added drives and raise the crush weight of them at the
same time (with norebalance before changing them, and unset'ing it
after all drives have gotten slightly bigger crush weight) to allow
for parallelism, while not going too wild on the amount of changes per
round (so the cluster can be HEALTH_OK for a moment in between each
step).