Re: New Issue - Mapping Block Devices

Hi Ilya,

OK, so I've updated the my-id permissions to include 'profile rbd pool=my-pool-data'.

Yes, "rbd device map" does succeed (both before and after the my-id update).

The full dmesg form the "rbd device map" command is:

[18538.539416] libceph: mon0 (1)<REDACTED>:6789 session established
[18538.554143] libceph: client25428 fsid <REDACTED>
[18538.615761] rbd: rbd0: capacity 1099511627776 features 0xbd

The full dmesg form the fdisk command is (which seems to have worked now that I've updated the my-id auth):

[18770.784126]  rbd0: p1

There is no dmesg from the mount command. The mount command itself gives:

mount: /my-rbd-bloc-device: special device /dev/rbd0p1 does not exist (same as before I updated my-id)

Cheers

Matthew J