Re: ceph boostrap initialization :: nvme drives not empty after >12h

Hi Adrian,

El 12/3/21 a las 11:26, Adrian Sevcenco escribió:
Hi! yesterday i bootstrapped (with cephadm) my first ceph installation and things looked somehow ok .. but today the osds are not yet ready and i have in dashboard this warnings:
MDS_SLOW_METADATA_IO: 1 MDSs report slow metadata IOs
PG_AVAILABILITY: Reduced data availability: 64 pgs inactive
PG_DEGRADED: Degraded data redundancy: 2/14 objects degraded (14.286%), 66 pgs undersized
TOO_FEW_OSDS: OSD count 2 < osd_pool_default_size 3

This is the issue. You only have 2 OSDs, but the pool default size is 3.

and in logs:
3/12/21 12:18:19 PM
[INF]
OSD <1> is not empty yet. Waiting a bit more

3/12/21 12:18:19 PM
[INF]
OSD <0> is not empty yet. Waiting a bit more

3/12/21 12:18:19 PM
[INF]
Can't even stop one OSD. Cluster is probably busy. Retrying later..

3/12/21 12:18:19 PM
[ERR]
cmd: osd ok-to-stop failed with: 31 PGs are already too degraded, would become too degraded or might become unavailable. (errno:-16)

this is a single node, whole package ceph install with 2 local nvme drives as osds (to be used 2x replicated like a raid1 array)

So, can anyone tell me what is going on?
I don't think you should use Ceph for this config. The bare minimum you should use is 3 nodes, because default failure domain is host.

Maybe you can explain what your goal is, so people can recommend setups.

Regards

--
Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico

Tel. +34 943 569 206 | https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO/
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/