From: Benoît Knecht <bknecht@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 11:46 AM
To: Drew Weaver <drew.weaver@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'ceph-users@xxxxxxx' <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Resolving LARGE_OMAP_OBJECTS

Hi Drew,

On Thursday, March 4th, 2021 at 15:18, Drew Weaver <drew.weaver@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Howdy, the dashboard on our cluster keeps showing LARGE_OMAP_OBJECTS.
>
> I went through this document
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.suse.com_support_kb_doc_-3Fid-3D000019698&d=DwIFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=OPufM5oSy-PFpzfoijO_w76wskMALE1o4LtA3tMGmuw&m=CNkAvwXr2_ctEE9c_biQmD6shezowIzUC32IvquGvmE&s=gzTWzc9eJy5J-DuCuctcLib_g1evf_bHZZ0uhOhy4ak&e=
>
> I've found that we have a total of 5 buckets, each one is owned by a different user.

Do you have dynamic sharding enabled? If so, hitting the large OMAP object threshold is a bit suspicious, as resharding should keep each shard below the threshold.

Did you look into your logs to find out which object is affected, and it's the number of keys or its size triggering the warning (you can grep for "Large omap object found" in /var/log/ceph/ceph.log)?

--
Ben