Re: cephfs: unable to mount share with 5.11 mainline, ceph 15.2.9, MDS 14.1.16

On 3/3/21 1:16 PM, Ilya Dryomov wrote:

And from this documentation:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rados/configuration/network-config-ref/#ipv4-ipv6-dual-stack-mode
we learned that dual stack is not possible for any current stable
release, but might be possible with latest code. So the takeaway is that
the linux kernel client needs fixing to be able to support dual stack
clusters in the future (multiple v1 / v2 address families), and, that
until then you should run with ms_bind_ipv4=false for IPv6 only clusters.

I don't think we do any dual stack testing, whether in userspace or
(certainly!) with the kernel client.

I'll make a PR to clear up the documenation. Do you want me to create a
tracker for the kernel client? I will happily test your changes.

Sure.  You are correct that the kernel client needs a bit a work as we
haven't considered dual stack configurations there at all.

I added another tracker as it is related to this thread:

https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/49584

^^^ do _not_ try this on a IPv6 only production cluster with ms_bind_ipv4=true or you will regret it ;-).

Gr. Stefan