Need Clarification on Maintenance Shutdown Procedure

Hello,

I've had a look at the instructions for clean shutdown given at
https://ceph.io/planet/how-to-do-a-ceph-cluster-maintenance-shutdown/, but
I'm not clear about some things on the steps about shutting down the
various Ceph components.

For my current 3-node cluster I have MONs, MDSs, MGRs, and OSDs all running
on the same nodes.  Also, this is a non-container installation.

Since I don't have separate dedicated nodes, as described in the referenced
web page, I think  the instructions mean that I need to issue SystemD
commands to stop the corresponding services/targets on each node for the
Ceph components mentioned in each step.

Since we want to bring services up in the right order, I should also use
SystemD commands to disable these services/targets so they don't
automatically restart when I power the nodes back on.  After power-on, I
would then re-enable and manually start services/targets in the order
described.

One other specific question:  For step 4 it says to shut down my service
nodes.  Does this mean my MDSs?  (I'm not running any Object Gateways or
NFS, but I think these would go in this step as well?)

Please let me know if I've got this right.  The cluster contains 200TB of a
researcher's data that has taken a year to collect, so caution is needed.

Thanks.

-Dave

--
Dave Hall