Re: ceph version of new daemons deployed with orchestrator

Hi Tobi,

I didn't know about that config option, but that did the trick!

Thank you!

Kenneth

On 26/02/2021 11:30, Tobias Fischer wrote:
Hi Kenneth,

check the config db which image is set:

ceph config dump
WHO             MASK  LEVEL     OPTION                                VALUE                           RO
global                basic     container_image                       docker.io/ceph/ceph:v15.2.9     *

Probably you have v15 tag configured which means orchestrator will fetch latest v15 image - so as of today this would be v15.2.9.

So either you change the setting in the config DB or you can do it like this if you have v15 configured:

- log in to the host that is going to be added beforehand
- get you preferred image:
docker pull ceph/ceph:v15.2.6
- retag it
docker tag ceph/ceph:v15.2.6 ceph/ceph:v15
- remove the original image
docker rmi ceph/ceph:v15.2.6
- add host as usual

orchestrator will use the configured v15 image which on the new host corresponds to v15.2.6

hope it helps

best,
tobi