From: Burkhard Linke <Burkhard.Linke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 25 February 2021 08:41:14
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Newbie Requesting Help - Please, This Is Driving Me Mad/Crazy!

Hi,

your whole OSD deployment is wrong. CEPH does not use any filesystem
anymore for at least two major releases, and the existing filestore
backend is deprecated. Dunno where you got those steps from...

Just use ceph-volume, and preferable the lvm based deployment. If you
really want to understand how CEPH works, use a default deployment
method and then investigate what this methods actually does (and why it
does exactly that...).

Regards,

Burkhard