From: Mykola Golub <to.my.trociny@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 12:09 PM
To: Vikas Rana <vrana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Mykola Golub' <to.my.trociny@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Eugen Block' <eblock@xxxxxx>;
ceph-users@xxxxxxx; dillaman@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Re: Data Missing with RBD-Mirror

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 11:37:52AM -0500, Vikas Rana wrote:

> That is correct. On Prod we do have 22TB and on DR we only have 5.5TB

But did you check that you really have missing files/data? Just to make sure
it is not just some issue with how data is stored/counted in different
clusters.

Assuming you did and data is missing, then the only way to proceed I think
is to issue resync, running on the secondary site:

  rbd mirror image resync cifs/research_data

Note, it would mean recreating the image and resyncing all 22TB though.

And it would be nice to add some monitoring to be able to detect the moment
if the issue happens again, and report it to the tracker attaching the
rbd-mirror logs.

--
Mykola Golub