Re: ceph orch and mixed SSD/rotating disks

Yes, if I go through that VERY Long guide, and figure out I want to create a file,

"howIreallywantOSDs.yml":
service_id: osd_spec_default
placement:
  host_pattern: '*'
data_devices:
  rotational: 1
db_devices:
  rotational: 0

and then remember to deploy with

ceph orch apply osd -i howIreallywantOSDs.yml --host=somenewhostname

then it seems to work quite nicely.

I just find it rather surprising that the official fancy new orchestration tool doesnt do the obvious right thing out of the box.
(Whereas ceph-ansible does)