Re: Consequences of setting bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount to false?

Hi Matthew,

Which version are you upgrading from? If recent nautilus, you may have
already completed this conversion.

When we did this fsck (not with octopus, but to a nautilus point
release that had this conversion backported), we first upgraded one
single osd just to see the typical downtime for our data.
On our S3 cluster, the conversion completed within just a couple of
minutes per OSD, so we decided to leave
bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount at its default true, and did all the
fsck's as we updated the osds.

AFAIK, if you set bluestore_fsck_quick_fix_on_mount to false and
postpone that conversion, you'll just have less-accurate `ceph df` for
omap data.

Cheers, Dan