Re: Device is not available after zap

Are you running zap on the lvm volume, or the underlying block device?

If you are running it against the lvm volume, it sounds like you need to
run it against the block device so it wipes the lvm volumes as well.
(Disclaimer: I don't run Ceph in this configuration)

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 10:24 AM Philip Brown <pbrown@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry, not much to say other than a "me too".
> i spent a week testing ceph configurations.. it should have only been 2
> days. but a huge amount of my time was wasted because I needed to do a full
> reboot on the hardware.
>
> on a related note: sometimes "zap" didnt fully clean things up. I had to
> manually go in and clean up vgs. or pvs. or sometimes wipefs -a
>
> so, in theory, this could be a linux LVM bug.  but if I recall, i was
> doing this with ceph octopus, and centos 7.9

This e-mail and all information in, attached to, or linked via this
e-mail (together the ‘e-mail’) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s). Access to,
or any onward transmission, of this e-mail by any other person is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
immediately alert the sender of this e-mail and to immediately delete this
e-mail. Any disclosure in any form of all or part of this e-mail, or of any
the parties to it, including any copying, distribution or any action taken
unlawful.

This e-mail is not, and is not intended to be, and should
not be construed as being, (a) any offer, solicitation, or promotion of any
kind; (b) the basis of any investment or other decision(s);  (c) any
recommendation to buy, sell or transact in any manner any good(s),
product(s) or service(s), nor engage in any investment(s) or other
transaction(s) or activities;  or (d) the provision of, or related to, any
advisory service(s) or activities, including regarding any investment, tax,
legal, financial, accounting, consulting or any other related service(s).