From: Frank Schilder <frans@xxxxxx>
Sent: 05 February 2021 18:19:29
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  ceph-volume deactivate errs out with "findmnt: invalid option -- M"

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with ceph-volume on Centos7, ceph mimic 13.2.10. When I execute "ceph-volume deactivate ..." on a previousy activated OSD, I get this error:

# ceph-volume lvm deactivate 12 0bbf481c-6a3d-4724-9a27-3a845eb05911
 stderr: /usr/bin/findmnt: invalid option -- 'M'
 stderr: Usage:

Help summary of findmnt at the bottom. I could hack a script together that forwards this call to findmnt and translates the option. Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or if I'm running with the wrong version?

In the mean time, is ceph-volume deactivate just unmounting /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-ID directories, or is there more to it (no dmcrypt in use)?

Thanks!

# findmnt --help

Usage:
 findmnt [options]
 findmnt [options] <device> | <mountpoint>
 findmnt [options] <device> <mountpoint>
 findmnt [options] [--source <device>] [--target <mountpoint>]

 -s, --fstab            search in static table of filesystems
 -m, --mtab             search in table of mounted filesystems
 -k, --kernel           search in kernel table of mounted
                          filesystems (default)

 -p, --poll[=<list>]    monitor changes in table of mounted filesystems
 -w, --timeout <num>    upper limit in milliseconds that --poll will block

 -A, --all              disable all built-in filters, print all filesystems
 -a, --ascii            use ASCII chars for tree formatting
 -c, --canonicalize     canonicalize printed paths
 -D, --df               imitate the output of df(1)
 -d, --direction <word> direction of search, 'forward' or 'backward'
 -e, --evaluate         convert tags (LABEL,UUID,PARTUUID,PARTLABEL)
                          to device names
 -F, --tab-file <path>  alternative file for --fstab, --mtab or --kernel options
 -f, --first-only       print the first found filesystem only
 -i, --invert           invert the sense of matching
 -l, --list             use list format output
 -N, --task <tid>       use alternative namespace (/proc/<tid>/mountinfo file)
 -n, --noheadings       don't print column headings
 -u, --notruncate       don't truncate text in columns
 -O, --options <list>   limit the set of filesystems by mount options
 -o, --output <list>    the output columns to be shown
 -P, --pairs            use key="value" output format
 -r, --raw              use raw output format
 -t, --types <list>     limit the set of filesystems by FS types
 -v, --nofsroot         don't print [/dir] for bind or btrfs mounts
 -R, --submounts        print all submounts for the matching filesystems
 -S, --source <string>  the device to mount (by name, maj:min,
                          LABEL=, UUID=, PARTUUID=, PARTLABEL=)
 -T, --target <string>  the mountpoint to use

 -h, --help     display this help and exit
 -V, --version  output version information and exit

Available columns:
      SOURCE  source device
      TARGET  mountpoint
      FSTYPE  filesystem type
     OPTIONS  all mount options
 VFS-OPTIONS  VFS specific mount options
  FS-OPTIONS  FS specific mount options
       LABEL  filesystem label
        UUID  filesystem UUID
   PARTLABEL  partition label
    PARTUUID  partition UUID
     MAJ:MIN  major:minor device number
      ACTION  action detected by --poll
  OLD-TARGET  old mountpoint saved by --poll
 OLD-OPTIONS  old mount options saved by --poll
        SIZE  filesystem size
       AVAIL  filesystem size available
        USED  filesystem size used
        USE%  filesystem use percentage
      FSROOT  filesystem root
         TID  task ID
          ID  mount ID
  OPT-FIELDS  optional mount fields
 PROPAGATION  VFS propagation flags
        FREQ  dump(8) frequency in days [fstab only]
      PASSNO  pass number on parallel fsck(8) [fstab only]

For more details see findmnt(8).