Re: XFS block size on RBD / EC vs space amplification

Hello, thank you for your response.

Erasure Coding gets better and we really cannot afford the storage overhead of x3 replication. Anyway, as I understand the problem, it is also present with replication, just less amplified (blocks are not divided between OSDs, just replicated fully).