Re: db_devices doesn't show up in exported osd service spec

Hi,

I would recommend to update (again), here's my output from a 15.2.8 test cluster:

host1:~ # ceph orch ls --service_name osd.default --export
service_type: osd
service_id: default
service_name: osd.default
placement:
  hosts:
  - host4
  - host3
  - host1
  - host2
spec:
  block_db_size: 4G
  data_devices:
    rotational: 1
    size: '20G:'
  db_devices:
    size: '10G:'
  filter_logic: AND
  objectstore: bluestore

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Tony Liu <tonyliu0592@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

When build cluster Octopus 15.2.5 initially, here is the OSD
service spec file applied.
```
service_type: osd
service_id: osd-spec
placement:
  host_pattern: ceph-osd-[1-3]
data_devices:
  rotational: 1
db_devices:
  rotational: 0
```
After applying it, all HDDs were added and DB of each hdd is created
on SSD.

Here is the export of OSD service spec.
```
# ceph orch ls --service_name osd.osd-spec --export
service_type: osd
service_id: osd-spec
service_name: osd.osd-spec
placement:
  host_pattern: ceph-osd-[1-3]
spec:
  data_devices:
    rotational: 1
  filter_logic: AND
  objectstore: bluestore
```
Why db_devices doesn't show up there?

When I replace a disk recently, when the new disk was installed and
zapped, OSD was automatically re-created, but DB was created on HDD,
not SSD. I assume this is because of that missing db_devices?

I tried to update service spec, the same result, db_devices doesn't
show up when export it.

Is this some known issue or something I am missing?

Thanks!
Tony