RGW multi-site sudden accumulation of inconsistent PGs

Hi *,

is there any correlation between multi-site clusters and inconsistent PGs?

One customer has two Octopus clusters (fresh install a few months ago) which have been expanded recently with new disks. Before that they had one single occurence of inconsistent PGs during a deep-scrub which could be fixed.

Since the expansion they get them on a regular basis, something like two times a day or so (I don't have access). The latest occurence was reported as omap_digest mismatch which could be fixed with the pg repair command. There are no signs of failing disks or anything suspicious. And when searching this list I noticed a couple of other threads (one in example is [1]) with this problem, they all had rgw multi-site in common. Is it just a conincidence? Does anyone have some insight or more experience on this?

Thanks!
Eugen

[1] http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2019-April/034155.html