Re: [Suspicious newsletter] radosgw-admin realm pull from the secondary site fails "(13) Permission denied"

Hi,

If you are using proxy, try to disable it.

Istvan Szabo
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Agoda Services Co., Ltd.
e: istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:istvan.szabo@xxxxxxxxx>

On 2021. Jan 23., at 1:45, Hayashida, Mami <mami.hayashida@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Email received from outside the company. If in doubt don't click links nor open attachments!
________________________________

I have been trying to create two virtual test clusters to learn about the
RGW multisite setting.  So far, I have set up two small Nautilus
(v.14.2.16) clusters, designated one of them as the "master zone site" and
followed every step outlined in the doc (
https://docs.ceph.com/en/nautilus/radosgw/multisite/), including create a
system user, updating the period, and restarting the rgw daemon.  (For the
sake of simplicity, there is only one RGW daemon running on each site.)

Once I installed the RGW daemon on the secondary zone site, I tried pulling
the realm from the master zone cluster, but ended up with this:

```
$ radosgw-admin realm pull --url=http://<master zone gateway>:80
--access-key=<system_access_key>  --secret=<system_secret_key>
request failed: (13) Permission denied
If the realm has been changed on the master zone, the master zone's gateway
may need to be restarted to recognize this user.
```
I tried adding the --rgw-realm=<realm set up in the primary site>, but the
result was the same.   I restarted the rgw daemon on both sides -- that did
not help, either.

The output of all of the following on the master zone side, as far as I
could tell, seems correct -- the realm, zonegroup, zone I created are the
only ones and set to default.
```
radosgw-admin zone/zonegroup/realm list
radosgw-admin zone/zonegroup/realm get
```

On the "master zone" side, the rgw log shows
```
2021-01-22 13:34:48.404 7fb9ca89e700  1 ====== starting new request
req=0x7fb9ca897740 =====
2021-01-22 13:34:48.428 7fb9ca89e700  1 ====== req done req=0x7fb9ca897740
op status=0 http_status=403 latency=0.0240002s ======
2021-01-22 13:34:48.428 7fb9ca89e700  1 civetweb: 0x559d6509a000:
10.33.30.55 - - [22/Jan/2021:13:34:48 -0500] "GET /admin/realm HTTP/1.1"
403 318 - -
```

I am using Ubuntu 18.04, Ceph v.14.2.16, deployed using `ceph-deploy`.

*Mami Hayashida*
*Research Computing Associate*
Univ. of Kentucky ITS Research Computing Infrastructure

This message is confidential and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by copyright or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply email and delete it from your system. It is prohibited to copy this message or disclose its content to anyone. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery or unauthorized disclosure of the message. All messages sent to and from Agoda may be monitored to ensure compliance with company policies, to protect the company's interests and to remove potential malware. Electronic messages may be intercepted, amended, lost or deleted, or contain viruses.