Re: How to make HEALTH_ERR quickly and pain-free

Oh that's better, I had to recreate my OSD because it didn't want to start anymore :-D

Zitat von George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 21/01/2021 12:57, George Shuklin wrote:
I have hell of the question: how to make HEALTH_ERR status for a cluster without consequences?

I'm working on CI tests and I need to check if our reaction to HEALTH_ERR is good. For this I need to take an empty cluster with an empty pool and do something. Preferably quick and reversible.

For HEALTH_WARN the best thing I found is to change pool size to 1, it raises "1 pool(s) have no replicas configured" warning almost instantly and it can be reverted very quickly for empty pool.

But HEALTH_ERR is a bit more tricky. Any ideas?

I found the way:

ceph osd set-full-ratio 0.0

instantly causing

    health: HEALTH_ERR