Re: Large rbd

Hi,

Am 21.01.21 um 05:42 schrieb Chris Dunlop:

> Is there any particular reason for that MAX_OBJECT_MAP_OBJECT_COUNT, or
> it just "this is crazy large, if you're trying to go over this you're
> doing something wrong, rethink your life..."?

IMHO the limit is there because of the way deletion of RBDs work. "rbd
rm" has to look for every object, not only the ones that were really
created. This would make deleting a very very large RBD take a very very
long time.

> Rather than a single large rbd, should I be looking at multiple smaller
> rbds linked together using lvm or somesuch? What are the tradeoffs?

IMHO there are no tradeoffs, there could even be benefits creating a
volume group with multiple physical volumes on RBD as the requests can
be bettere parallelized (i.e. virtio-single SCSI controller for qemu).

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,