Global AVAIL vs Pool MAX AVAIL

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the Global "AVAIL" and the "MAX AVAIL" in the pools table when I do a "ceph df detail"?  The reason being that we have a total of 14 pools, however almost all of our data exists in one pool.  A "ceph df detail" shows the following:

GLOBAL:
    SIZE       AVAIL     RAW USED     %RAW USED     OBJECTS
    28219G     6840G       19945G         70.68      36112k

But the POOLS table from the same output shows the MAX AVAIL for each pool as 498G and the pool with all the data shows 9472G used with a %USED of 95.00.  If it matters, the pool size is set to 2 so my guess is the global available figure is raw, meaning I should still have approx. 3.4TB available, but that 95% used has me concerned.  I'm going to be adding some OSDs soon but still would like to understand the difference and how much trouble I'm in at this point.