Re: RBD Image can't be formatted - blk_error

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:09 AM Gaël THEROND <gael.therond@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ilya,
>
> Here is additional information:
> My cluster is a three OSD Nodes cluster with each node having 24 4TB SSD disks.
>
> The mkfs.xfs command fail with the following error: https://pastebin.com/yTmMUtQs
>
> I'm using the following command to format the image: mkfs.xfs /dev/rbd/<pool_name>/<image_name>
> I'm facing the same problem (and same sectors) if I'm directly targeting the device with mkfs.xfs /dev/rbb<devMapID>
>
> The client authentication caps are as follows: https://pastebin.com/UuAHRycF
>
> Regarding your questions, yes, it is a persistent issue as soon as I try to create a large image from a newly created pool.
> Yes, after the first attempt, all new attempts fail too.
> Yes, it is always the same set of sectors that fails.

Have you tried writing to sector 0, just to take mkfs.xfs out of the
picture?  E.g. "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rbd17 bs=512 count=1 oflag=direct"?

> Strange thing is, if I use an already existing pool, and create this 80Tb image within this pool, it formats it correctly.

What do you mean by a newly created pool?  A metadata pool, a data pool
or both?

Are you deleting and re-creating pools (whether metadata or data) with
the same name?  It would help if you paste all commands, starting with
how you create pools all the way to a failing write.

Have you tried mapping using the admin user ("rbd map --id admin ...")?

Thanks,

                Ilya