friendly warning about death by container versions

I was having horrible problems getting my test ceph clusterj reinitialized.
All kinds of annoying things were happening.
including things like getting differing output from

ceph orch device ls
vs
ceph device ls

Being new-ish to ceph, i was going nuts, wondering what kind of init options I was missing.

Turns out, nothing i was doing was wrong, per se.
I had ended up with differing container versions.

Even after doing "cephadm rm-cluster", the old versions were sticking.

The really annoying thing is, the difference was tiny.

15.2.8 on the master.
15.2.5 on other nodes.

but device related things were failing, with

2020-12-21 09:37:09,134 INFO /bin/podman:stderr ceph-volume inventory: error: unrecognized arguments: --filter-for-batch

in /var/log/ceph/cephadm.log

Sighhh...

To save anyone else some research, the end-user fix is:
run
  ceph orch upgrade start --ceph-version 15.2.8

--
Philip Brown| Sr. Linux System Administrator | Medata, Inc.
5 Peters Canyon Rd Suite 250