Removing secondary data pool from mds

I have a cephfs secondary (non-root) data pool with unfound and degraded objects that I have not been able to recover[1]. I created an additional data pool and used "setfattr -n ceph.dir.layout.pool' and a very long rsync to move the files off of the degraded pool and onto the new pool. This has completed, and using find + 'getfattr -n ceph.file.layout.pool', I verified that no files are using the old pool anymore. No ceph.dir.layout.pool attributes point to the old pool either.

However, the old pool still reports that there are objects in the old pool, likely the same ones that were unfound/degraded from before: https://pastebin.com/qzVA7eZr

Based on a old message from the mailing list[2], I checked the MDS for stray objects (ceph daemon mds.ceph4 dump cache file.txt ; grep -i stray file.txt) and found 36 stray entries in the cache: https://pastebin.com/MHkpw3DV. However, I'm not certain how to map these stray cache objects to clients that may be accessing them.

'rados -p fs.data.archive.frames ls' shows 145 objects. Looking at the parent of each object shows 2 strays:

for obj in $(cat rados.ls.txt) ; do echo $obj ; rados -p fs.data.archive.frames getxattr $obj parent | strings ; done

[...]
10000020fa1.00000000
10000020fa1
stray6
10000020fbc.00000000
10000020fbc
stray6
[...]

...before getting stuck on one object for over 5 minutes (then I gave up):

1000005b1af.00000083

What can I do to make sure this pool is ready to be safely deleted from cephfs (ceph fs rm_data_pool archive fs.data.archive.frames)?

--Mike

[1]https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/QHFOGEKXK7VDNNSKR74BA6IIMGGIXBXA/#7YQ6SSTESM5LTFVLQK3FSYFW5FDXJ5CF

[2]http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2015-October/005233.html