Re: cephfs flags question

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 10:27 AM Stefan Kooman <stefan@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > In any case, I think what you're asking is about the file system flags
> > and not the required_client_features.
>
> That's correct. So I checked the file system flags on different clusters
> (some installed luminous, some mimic, some nautilus) and for the
> clusters that started as luminous the file sytems flags are either "1c"
> or "1e". The ones with "1e" have been installed with newer luminous
> releases. So does the filesystem flags bit ever change during the
> lifetime of a cluster? What exactly is the purpose of the filesystem
> flags bit?

When a file system is newly created, it's assumed you want all the
stable features on, including multiple MDS, directory fragmentation,
snapshots, etc. That's what those flags are for. If you've been
upgrading your cluster, you need to turn those on yourself.

--
Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D.
He / Him / His