Re: MDS lost, Filesystem degraded and wont mount

Wow! Distributed epins :) Thanks for trying it. How many
sub-directories under the distributed epin'd directory? (There's a lot
of stability problems that are to be fixed in Pacific associated with
lots of subtrees so if you have too large of a directory, things could
get ugly!)

Yay, beta testing in production! ^^

We are talking millions, but the three is very deep, not very wide. That's why it's so hard to maintain manual pins. I enabled it on a few levels of the tree, where the largest one has 117 direct descendants (but several million files below). So far, it's working all right, but it is very hard to see if the settings is actually effective. I enabled it for testing purposes on a directory that was (at that time) rather busy with 3k MDS op/s and I could see a handful of new pins come and go in ceph tell mds.0 get subtrees, but most of our directories are rather idle most of the time and manually browsing the tree isn't enough to trigger any new observable epins it seems. So for the main directories where it actually matters, I can only assume that it's working.