Re: add server in crush map before osd

Hi Francois!

If I've understood your question, I think you have two options.

1. You should be able to create an empty host then move it into a room
before creating any osd:

   ceph osd crush add-bucket <hostname> host
   ceph osd crush mv <hostname> room=<the room>

2. Add a custom crush location to ceph.conf on the new server so that
its osds are placed in the correct room/rack/host when they are first
created, e.g.

[osd]
crush location = room=0513-S-0034 rack=SJ04 host=cephdata20b-b7e4a773b6

Does that help?

Cheers, Dan