Ceph-ansible vs. Cephadm - Nautilus to Octopus and beyond

Hello.

The topic of Ceph-Ansible hasn't appeared in the list for a few months, but there's been a lot of talk about Cephadm.  So what are the pros and cons?  Is Cephadm good enough to put Ceph-Ansible out of business, or will it still be viable beyond Pacific?  For  my part the Ansible approach seems more straightforward since one can just lay out a cluster in a flat file and press 'go'.

BTW, I currently have a non-containerized cluster running Nautilus, but I'll eventually have to move to Octopus.  Further, I'm not (yet) convinced that the container-based approach is better than bare-metal.  I think I saw that Cephadm will only deploy container-based clusters.  Is this a hint that bare-metal is going away in the long run?

Thanks.

-Dave

--
Dave Hall